This website is owned and funded by the Bakweri Community in Great Britain (FAKO UK ) Email: bakweri@yahoo.com or fakonews@gmail.com Buea, Limbe, Tiko, Muyuka, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Liverpool, Berlin, Maryland, Minnesota, Denmark, Sweden



By Moki S. Mokondo in Buea for Fako UK/Fako News Centre



The Fako community was recently taken aback by the death announcement of one of theirs, Justice Paul Evande Mwambo, on 23 May, 2012 in Kumba. Justice Mwambo was due to take up his new responsibilities in Yaounde on Friday, May 25, 2012, as sub-director in charge of follow-up of lawyers at the ministry of justice, Yaounde, before death (the most feared occurrence in the world) took him away .

On the eve of his death, the deceased had just handed over to Justice George Gang as President of the Kumba High Court. They had lunch straight after the ceremony at Vianello hotel in Kumba where they shared with friends and other associates. After their luncheon, Evande went home only to fall ill that same night. Without sensing death, he drove himself in the company of a family member to a clinic in Kumba for medical attention. It was here that he took his last breath and gave up the ghost a few hours later.


Though unbelievable, the news of his demise sent his relatives, friends and colleagues to make several phones calls to confirm that this was not a false rumour. The news sent waves of shock to the entire Fako community and to the judiciary family.
He was finally interred in his Buea home on Saturday, June 23, 2012 after a funeral mass at the St. Anthony’s of Padua Catholic Church Buea-Town. Before his burial, a solemn judiciary was organised in his honour on Friday, June 22, 2012 at the Temple of Justice Hall in the Buea Court of Appeal.


Though he was never married, it was disclosed during his funeral that he leaves behind six children, four of whom are girls. Late Justice Mwambo is remembered for his determination to succeed in life. Born on 7 July, 1959, in Buea, he schooled at the Roman Catholic Mission School, RCM, Buea Town where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate. He spent the subsequent years studying at home until he got his GCE Ordinary Levels in 1979. He then moved into Bilingual Grammar School, Molyko, Buea, where he made his Advanced Level Certificate in the same examination in 1981.
Gaining admission into the then University of Yaounde, he later graduated with a first degree from the Department of English Private Law in 1985. This opened him the doors into the National School of Magistracy and Administration, ENAM, in1986 where he graduated with a post-graduate diploma in Magistracy. His professional approach to his job earned him several positions of responsibilities before the recent one that he never lived to take office.

Webs Counter

Recent Photos

Recent Videos